Wednesday, October 8, 2014

愛你

 

This title of this (hope you can all see it....says "eye knee" which means love you) it is a super popular song here that we hear ALL THE TIME. So obviously we can't listen to it naturally so what do we do? Take it and re-write all the words to fit with our missionary purpose! :) #WroteMyFirstChineseSongToday. We are going to present it to the zone as a fun surprise tomorrow during ZTM. It is going to be so fun! I will let you know about how it goes!

image

Okay before I really get into this letter I have a few shout-outs!

Vash-spice! Happy Birthday! You have for sure made my time out here so much more fun as you write every week without fail...thank you so much!

GRAMMY!!! Happy B-day! I hope you have an amazing 40th birthday! ;) You have always been there for us when we are spiritually or physically down. Love you so so so so much! Thank you so much for your example!

Last but for SURE not least, Mom and Dad...... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What is this 25 years!?!?!? Thats weird....Mom....aren't you only like 30 something? ;) hahaha just kidding. You two are such amazing examples of what I want my life to be like. #GoodLuckFutureGirlFriends hahahahha just kidding again! (Man I am such a jokester...just like Dad) And I am so glad that God lead you to eachother so that we could have our AMAZING BEST FAMILY EVER...don't wanna brag but...for real....its the best #DontEvenTryToCompete. I love you two so much! I hope this next year is just as good and just as awesome! Keep taking time to go to the temple often together! I want this family to last for ALL OF ETERNITY!!! :)

Okay real quick some funny stories...I know this is the real reason you come to read this! Make sure you take time to read the real good part after though! Elder Ward and I were calling some people that we had contacted and I saw him with his doing something really focused with his pen....so I took a sec to sneak over and see what he was doing and then BAM i saw it....he was drawing a face on his wart hahahaha. This kid and I are getting along so well and will for sure be such an amazing companionship!  Another example of why...SO we have an amazing investigator that owns an Italian noodle place with these amazing milkshakes and so we decided to go there to eat. I told him about how one time we came here and got free milkshakes. So when we go in we sit down and get ready to order and Elder Ward asked for a free milkshake! hahaha I immediately threw my head into my hands. Oh my gosh it was so embarrassing! But realllllllyyyyy funny! We laughed forever and the poor waitress was so nervous! The boss wasn't there that day and so she said no. But then they gave us a free salad haha....i think they just felt bad for us!

LOOK AT THESE AWESOME COOKIES! Ali down in Tungkang made them for us! Oh man they were so so so so amazingly good!!!!!! I miss that place! :(

image

The bikes....this is what I found after finishing my exchanges with Taiping.....remember 1 year ago when we started that dumb game? well i guess it stuck haha.

image

I am almost out of time so I just wanna tell everyone that I am now working the hardest I have yet and I LOVE IT!!!!!!! These are gonna be the best 5 weeks yet! Everything is better when you put everything you got into! Especially the Lords work since he blesses you a million fold!

I know this gospel is true. I know that Jesus Christ lives and he loves us. I invite everyone today to watch something from general conference! :) You can put your money on the prophet.

Oh and the new comp....he really is a boss :)

love you all

shine bright!

-

Ge Sheng Long ZhangLao

葛勝龍長老

{Shannon here: Sam didn’t explain the cause of the tree carnage below. But everyone seems to be fine.}

image

imageimage